Power Your Potential
IT Support Apprentice
Salary: £192.15 per week
Closing Date: 2019-10-13
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00018614
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for…
The premier Cash and Carry operator in Scotland, having two significant depots supplying independent retailers with famous named products in Grocery.
From their humble beginnings in 2002 this organisation is now within the top 15 Cash and Carry groups in the UK. They have three significant depots supplying independent retailers with big-brand products in Grocery, Soft Drinks, Chill, Frozen, Household, Non Foods, Paper Products, Beer, Wines, Cigarettes and Tobacco.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading Cash & Carries to help support the IT function through a period of exceptional growth. United Wholesale Scotland supplies independent retailers with world-renowned brands in supplying a wide range of businesses including hotels, restaurants, clubs and pubs. They are looking for a hardworking apprentices to join the business to learn more about their IT function.
The IT Apprentice is responsible for assisting with the ongoing support & maintenance of the organisations IT Infrastructure and supporting users. The IT Apprentice provides first line end user support to local and field based staff by responding to support requests logged on the IT Helpdesk and taken over the phone.
- Provide 1st level IT support and manage helpdesk tickets through to completion
- Diagnose and resolve operational issues with personal computers, networks, telephony and local IT infrastructure.
- Install and configure workstation software.
- Supporting desktop applications.
- In time provide advice on the operational aspects of computer systems and software.
- Provide site support for Glasgow and other sites Warehousing networking infrastructure
- Administer daily management of backup and archiving facilities.
- To assist and support the IT Services team in the delivery of new IT solutions
- Meet agreed responsive targets for faults, or issues reported to IT Service Desk
- Administer daily backup of business critical systems
- Support to business and IT projects
- Maintain a high level of customer credibility by committing to a scheduled response and following through on that response.
- Service Desk queue monitoring
- Service desk call assignment and housekeeping
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to deal with internal customers at all levels across the business
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good planning and organisation skills to manage own workload to expected standards
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and resolve support issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible to meet the needs of the team and internal customers
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow direction and work within agreed parameters
- A strong work ethic
- Resilience. Able to respond professionally and courteously to internal customer issues while remaining composed.
- Good listening skills
- Personal motivation and enthusiasme
- A general interest in IT out with studies
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 5pm with 1 hour for lunch
- £10,000 per year
- Growing company
- Excellent HR support
- Successful previous apprentices working there currently
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.