IT Support Apprentice
Salary: £150.00 – £160.12 per week
Closing Date: 2019-03-21
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00017615
ADS Interactive create innovative design solutions for media and advertising, who are rapidly growing due to their innovative creations. Their latest invention takes inspiration from technology similar to that of a tablet. Using huge touch screen technology. Companies can advertise their Hotels, Golf Clubs, Events, etc.
About QA apprenticeships:
QA Apprenticeships is an award-winning provider of apprenticeships. Our programme won Apprenticeship Programme of the Year 2012 & 2013, and Microsoft UK Partner of the Year 2013 Special Commendation.94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
FutureSens is an exciting company at the fore front of self-service kiosk technology. Ahead of competitors across the world, they have a team of hardward and software designers leading the development of better technology and ensuring continued growth for the company.
You will be working with the Director and will benefit from first class knowledge and expertise in this area of technology. Working in a small team, you will have exposure to all sides of the business from network monitoring, to order processing, product maintenance and troubleshooting, You will receive training for bespoke systems and will have direct contact with customers including going off site to test and maintain products.
A growing business, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skill in both IT hardware and software and build a career within a market leading organisation.
- Network monitoring for self service monitors ensuring they switch on and off and transaction are going through using bespoke system
- Determine any issues using a dashboard system
- PC and product repairs (on site and at customer site) – training will be provided
- Help manage orders coming in using internal system. This will include tracking progress of orders and managing any issues
- Orders are configurable using front end software – you will run and test this ensuring user acceptance
- Dealing with customers directly via telephone or face to face
- Good grasp of Microsoft Office as well as bespoke systems and SharePoint – training provided
- Sending login details to customer for new orders and ensuring all required forms are completed and returned
- Any other duties as determined suitable by the Director
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills within Microsoft packages and a real passion in technology and IT
- Team player
- Good attitude with an enthusiasm to learn
- Someone with a ‘can do’ and proactive approach
- Problem solver with good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 5pm (flexible if required)
- £150 – £160 p/w
- Bonus scheme
- Overtime available
- First class training
- New and modern offices
- Close to Drumchapel train station
Future Career Progression:
- Permanent job with FutureSens, with exposure to both hardware and software development. You have the chance to start your career with an expanding company working across the UK and potential global travel.
- Permanent salary of circa £16,000 with excellent future remuneration
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.